I'm not trying to mope about the end of the term, but it's getting to be time to say good bye to group 77 (the students of Fall 2010). Here are some of the things that I have learned about group 77.
1. One of our students had to be put on a harness and leash when she was a toddler because she wouldn't stop at the corner.
2. One of our students told her mom that she wanted to move out of the house when she was 5 and that she knew where she would put her dresser.
3. One of our students accidentally included me in a mass email to his family, so I now know that he is a massive fan of David Cross because he then accidentally DEMANDED that I watch a funny video clip of him.
4. One of our students lost a race on a treadmill to an eight year old.
5. One of our students organizes his wardrobe by the colors of the rainbow.
6. One of our students likes to mess up her roommates clothes hanging in his wardrobe when they are organized by the colors of the rainbow.
7. One of our students is bothered that no matter what face Jimmy Carr makes he still looks funny.
8. One of our students is either named after a car or Morgan Freeman.
9. One of our students disagrees, in principle, with rolling backpacks.
10. One of our students "sort of" dated a man here for a few months but never got around to learning his last name, age, occupation or where he lived.
11. One of our students has done more laundry than all three of his flatmates combined.
12. One of our students likes to share her top bunk bed.
13. One of our students eats McDonalds breakfast before he goes to bed in the early morning.
14. One of our students spent the time that most other people spent working on midterms beating The World of Warcraft.
15. One of our students went to McDonalds to try and download Disney movies, but their wifi was too slow.
16. One of our students was told that even though Santa may not be real, Jesus is.
17. One of our students is mortally afraid of jello.
18. One of our students got lost at a nude midget convention when she was 9.
19. One of our students has found certain situations where he likes to lick people.
20. One of our students asked what the big clock was called.
21. One of our students was asked to pose in a tourist's photos as he was trying to walk down Harrington Gardens. Now he's afraid to walk down that part of the street.
22. One of our students thought that the Eiffel Tower was lighthouse.
23. One of our students has gone on dates with a professional footballer, a Coca Cola website designer, a royal marine, an accountant and a club manager.
Knowing some of these things is making Bill, Sarah, Heather and me a little less sad to say goodbye.