- New carpets.
- Bastille Day. It's today. France is probably partying in the streets.
- The fall semester starts in a little over a month in London.
- Visa applications being approved.
- A really good job packing your luggage.
- Finding a flat.
- Friends coming to visit London.
- Kittens. Just to continue the theme.
- Catching a 6:03am flight. Not as easy as it sounds.
- Birthdays. Claire just had one. Bill's was a few months ago, and Heather and Sarah have them coming up in a few months. Everyone has one this coming academic year, even those people born on February 29th. And the London Center is turning 40 this year!
|Put your party faces on, the ICLC is turning 40!|
Being the 40th anniversary of the Ithaca College London Center, it is our Ruby Jubilee. Therefore the theme color of the year is red. Gifts will be given to staff members who have rubies as their birthstone. All baby girls born to people with any association to the ICLC will be named Ruby (their middle names will be Elsie. Their surnames will be left to the discretion of their parents). As it is a Jubilee year for us, that Tube line will run a special service to Gloucester Road (via the Circle, District and Piccadilly lines).
There may be some facetiousness presented here (except for the gifts to staff members with rubies for birthstones), but we do intend to celebrate!
-Elsie (who has been on holiday)